While we've been off school, LE has taken a great interest in my blog. She's always writing herself, she keeps a number of diaries and scrap books, and today she decided she wanted to write her own blog. She wasn't impressed that blogger.com only allows people over 13 to have a blog, so she decided to create her own. She's designed a groovy layout and written her first entry. With her permission, I've copied it here:
Ill, ill, ill
It’s official… I feel terrible! Being in bed and not feeling good is NOT good. Yes, I am at home in bed with the laptop, feeling rubbish. Some people might feel jealous of me because I get to miss school, but no they should not be. Sure I get to miss school but being ill is NO fun. Sometimes I wish I could crawl under a rock but others I just want to celebrate for many different reasons. Why is life so complicated and why is mine one of the most complicated of them all?
Not bad for a 9 year old! It makes me sad that she feels her life is complicated, but how wise to want to celebrate the good bits. I love my wonderful daughter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's a new thing! I used to have year 7s logged on to this!
Must be new legislation because I can't find any blogging sites that I know to be safe allowing people under 13 :( Mmm... UNFAIR!
LOL the only one is edublogs which is designed as a safe place for teachers and pupils to have blogs. She could try that one?
Aww, such a mature head on young shoulders. Life is hard, sometimes, but she is right, celebrate the good times. Without the lows, we wouldn't know what were highs, would we?
Hope you are both feeling better!
WM x
Post a Comment