Monday, 12 January 2009

Doctor/patient consultation

Doctor: You really need another week off.

Mummy Cow: But I can't, I've got two important meetings tomorrow, the review to prepare, my four GCSE classes to teach, I can't be off...

Doctor (passing the tissues): But you need more time to recover.

Mummy Cow: But I can't sleep because I'm worried about work.

Doctor: You need to decide what is more important.

Mummy Cow: I can't... (more tissues)

Doctor: I think you need to go home and have a serious think. If you decide you will take time off, call me and I'll sign you off. You will call me?

Mummy Cow: Umm...

Doctor: Right, I'm booking you an appointment to see me in two weeks. If you're not better by then, I'll decide what's important.

Mummy Cow: sniff

Doctor: You must call if you need to...

Mummy Cow: sniff, sniff


Blimey, I need a good slap.

1 comment:

Working Mum said...

Sometimes we need the doctor to take the decision out of our hands. I remember feeling immensely relieved when he signed me off for three days last easter with laryngitis. Why couldn't I see that it was impossible to teach with absolutely no voice? You can't think straight when you are ill; listen to your doctor.