I am SO fed up with being poorly. Today, I went to the doctor, to get some magic pills so that I could swallow without grimacing and talk without coughing and all she did was sign me off. Does she not realise that I haven't got time to be ill????
To add insult to injury, my mother gave me a lecture on why I had to take some time off. It's her fault I keep going to school. When we were young we used to say that we'd have to have two broken legs, two broken arms and be on a life support system before Mum would allow us to have any time off school. We were always packed off with the comforting words: "You'll feel better when you get to school." I reminded her of this today and she got rather huffy and asked if I was going to blame her for everything. Well Mum...
Bless her, it's not her fault that she only discovered her caring side in her 80s...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well I'm glad you've been made to see sense!!
Stay away until you are fully recovered and feel 100% better - Even if that takes 3/4 weeks. Since when did work become more important than your health. What with all the people around me at the moment being seriously ill I don't want to add another person to my list!
Take some advice from this site.
http://www.takeabenylinday.com/en/home/
Benylin... ummm, that's like grown up Calpol. Sounds like a good idea - but I will be in next week...
Post a Comment