Sometimes I feel that everything is going wrong, and at 2a.m. this morning, when I was disinfecting the bathroom after Little E had been rather poorly, I felt it again. I was so tired - she'd started being poorly at 11pm and was up at frequent intervals through the night - but I was so grateful for the wonderful inventions of the washing machine and tumble drier. She eventually came into my bed and finally managed to go to sleep at about 5a.m.- at which point I started to cough. She slept through it, waking again at 7am for yet another trip to the bathroom.
Ironic really - I refused the doctor's offer of signing me off for the week and here I am at home. I'll be home tomorrow too (she's too poorly to go in tomorrow) as her dad won't have her. The first thing he said to her on the phone this morning was that she couldn't go round tomorrow as usual because of the baby. Now, I completely understand this, but he needs to be a bit more sensitive to her needs at the moment. She really is feeling very fragile.
So here I am, on the sofa, feeling guilty because I'm not marking, but too tired to think straight!
I should have been a bear- I was really meant to hibernate in the winter.
Wednesday, 14 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Take the enforced stay at home as a chance to rest. I hope your school isn't like mine and mithers you with phone calls and e-mails when you are off sick! (They even sent me a set of exams to mark once when I had real, honest-to-goodness, can't stand upright, flu and was signed off work for a fortnight!)
Post a Comment