Sunday night and I should be marking essays, but as usual I'm using avoidance tactics. Do I need a blog? Is anything I write going to interest anyone? Is this just therapy?
It's an odd Sunday night - usually my gorgeous daughter is here at this time, but she's staying at her dad's tonight. It does mean I get a lie in tomorrow morning but it's not nice without her. I should have made the most of being alone but I always struggle to motivate myself and use my time properly. Which is why I'm sitting writing a blog rather than working.
New Year's Resolution
1. Get my life back
This year I'm going to rediscover myself. I have allowed myself to me manipulated and bossed around by someone and I have lost touch with my real friends and myself. I depended too heavily on someone after my husband left - this person, Bun, has had far too much control over my decisions and my life and I've had enough. This year I'm going to get a different job and start to have a social life. So there. And I won't allow myself to be bullied by anyone.
2. Lose some more weight
I had lost 3.5 stone having gone to an excessive 17 stone. No idea what I weigh today but I think it's crept up (I know it has). When I can face the scales I'll start this blog in true Bridget Jones style.
That's enough. For now. This is for me, to get me back on track. Here goes...
Sunday, 7 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment