Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Long time, no write...

I don't know why I haven't written in my blog this summer. I have had a good holiday - we've done so much and been away - but none of it inspired me to write. The one thing I will write about soon, is the wonderful evening Little E and I spent with some amazingly special friends with whom we had foolishly lost contact. But that deserves a post of its own.

The trouble is I still haven't mastered the art of relaxation. I don't seem to be able to use my 'me' time very effectively, which means I haven't achieved all the things I wanted to this holiday (everything from tidying the study, to getting to the end of my ironing pile), nor have I successfully relaxed. I've only read two books and I haven't really slept well. Here I am, on the last evening of the holiday, feeling completely unprepared for the new term.

I really need to get a good routine going. I want to exercise, I must eat more healthily and I need to lose weight. Trouble is, Little E has a routine around which everything else seems to revolve and I have no idea where to find the time to do 'me' stuff. Perhaps that should become the focus of this blog. I have ventured closer to my groove - now I need to embrace it!

Perhaps I will put some photos up of the holiday. But not now - I have a school bag to pack!

2 comments:

Mochinbach said...

Just found my keys!! Wooo Hoo!
Cna't decide whether to buy milk - LOL
Ah you got to love the return to work dance! ;)

Reasons said...

I know exactly what you mean - all good intentions...it's tough though isn't it. I think blogging about your aims is a good idea. Let us know how you get on and certainly if some you time needs scheduling - we will encourage.