Monday: Finally handed over their responsibilities to the two new members of staff. Can't imagine how I managed to do the stuff I did (well, I don't think I did manage really). The relief, after I'd instructed them (yes - I delegated!) and sent them off to do their work, was amazing. Now I'll be able to do my proper job!
Tuesday: Found a cleaner! After months of not keeping up with the housework and ironing and getting more and more stressed (and enduring my mother's helpful comments as she ran her finger over the book shelves "You really do need another cleaner..."), finally the lady who cleans my department hinted that she needed another part time job. YES!!!
Wednesday: Went on a date. Yes, a date. First time in, well, years.. I chose the venue - the Champagne bar at the Mailbox. Well, I had to set the tone for the evening. And I looked good. And I had a brilliant time. And I felt good. (A relief after feeling like a nervous teenager all day).Thursday: Nothing spectacular happened, but I still felt good.
Friday: I relaxed. A novelty.
Saturday: Fab concert at Symphony Hall. The best I've been to in ages.
Sunday morning: Little E brought me breakfast in bed while I listened to the Archers. She's a star.
Sunday afternoon: Booked to see Bryn Terfel at Symphony Hall in November.

Sunday evening: Booked to see Dmitri Hvorostovsky at The Wigmore Hall next June.A good week. Oh yes.

2 comments:
Good for you! Keep it up, you sound much happier, as you deserve to be.
That sounds great. I'm sure delegating some of your responsibilities has a lot to do with it. Let me know how you did that. He he he!
Post a Comment