Wednesday, 1 April 2009

I need Easter!

Today I am at home. Not because I have the luxury of choosing to work from home but because I have bronchitis, again. Horse strength antibiotics, lemon and ginger tea and chocolate to be administered 3 times a day.

I am also awaiting the return of my car, which was driven into for the 5th time recently. Five times, my car has been stationary and five times someone has driven into it. This time it was an elderly gentleman, who dozed off briefly and when his foot slipped on the accelerator he slammed into the back of me. Oh joy.

Little E and I are off to Spring Harvest on Saturday - in Skegness. It's our annual pilgrimage with our friends. We have never needed it as much as we do now!

Postscript: I typed this this morning - and then the electricity went off. I've been without heat or power all day. In a blonde moment I forget that I have a gas cooker so spent the day wishing I could make a cup of tea...It was off from 9:30 until 5:30. How stupid am I?

Then, my car was returned - but I was feeling pretty poorly at this point so I didn't instantly notice that the roof has a hole in it. I called the company straight away, but they assured me that even though the man who collected it last week didn't record a split in the roof, it couldn't possibly have happened in their care. Later, they called back to say they had cctv cameras and if I brought the car in they would photograph it and compare it with their cctv. As if... Clearly I have another battle on my hands.

1 comment:

Mochinbach said...

in the meantime i'll pray for continued sunny spells!