Monday, 23 February 2009

Ofsted - don't you just love 'em???

Today was the review of one of the departments I line-manage. Much of it went extremely well and the rest was exactly as I expected, so no surprises there. Then, the phone call. Yes, the day we are externally reviewed is the same day Ofsted call to tell us they're coming in to do a whole school inspection on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. THIS WEEK.

I have just had a phone call from the deputy at school asking me for data on year nine progress (what percentage have made two whole levels of progress). Tonight. He and the two heads are still at school - at 9.30pm. This is ridiculous.

I'm ready (or I will be when I've marked three sets of books and a ton of draft coursework...).

Gin and tonic on Thursday night me thinks!

No comments: