
Last night I went to watch my neigbour Tony at a gig (he's a drummer and a very good one. He's also good friends with Paul Weller - how's that for name dropping?). It was great fun. Joining the band for a couple of numbers were Pete Williams (Dexy's Midnight Runners) and Denns Seaton (Musical Youth - only much older and MUCH better). Mary (Tony's partner) and I giggled and swayed our way through the evening - swaying because our feet, in our high heeled boots, were soon killing us. At the end of the night I could hardly walk and my ears were ringing. I was reminded of my younger days, when I couldn't hear for hours after concerts (although I don't remember my feet hurting).
Tonight, thus doubling my nights-out total, we went out again - this time VIP tickets and backstage passes for the Ocean Colour Scene concert in Wolverhampton. (Tony and Mary are good friends with the band).
They were amazing. I wore slightly less ridiculous heels, danced more, nearly lost my voice and had tinnitus. And my feet still hurt.How did I do this, twice most weekends, when I was a young thing? And how can I possibly groove and look cool in flat shoes?! And did I mention my arthritic hips...?

1 comment:
Ah but the groove is so awesome that it usually doesn't matter that your feet are sticking the floor, you're sweaty, crammed in next to someone who stinks and you just got beer poured on your toes ;)
BOUNCE!!!!!
Post a Comment