Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Half term

Half term. Like WM I have a list, but I am so far behind already that I've put it to one side and I'm pretending it doesn't exist. Why does half term go so quickly?
It has been good though, in places.
Friday: Chinese takeaway and lots of fizz with bf K and family.
Saturday: um...slept all day.
Sunday: picked up friend from airport after she had married the Egyptian she'd met once before. Great way to spend Valentines day. But then got text which made the day perfect and led to something lovely on Monday.
Monday: Taught two hour coursework session on Romeo and Juliet (what half term?)
Pub lunch with P - our half term ladies wot lunch date
Evening date with the texter. (Big smile on face...)
Tuesday: in school briefly, then off to visit L and her beautiful one week old daughter, then rushed home following call from Little E's dad to say LE had passed out and wasn't well. Called doc, met LE at docs to be told she had a viral infection and needed to drink plenty. Which sort of begs the question, why wasn't her dad making sure she was drinking plenty? Home for long cuddle on sofa, with plenty of water and calpol. One much happier daughter.
Wednesday: Daughter looking much better, although not well enough for the party she'd been invited to this afternoon. mainly a sofa day for her, with a bit of work for me. Oh - and it's snowing.
Tomorrow: we are looking after bf's daughter for the day, so cupcakes will be made.
Snow also forecast.
Friday: dentist, followed by trip to Flight Centre to start planning our epic
holiday. The quick dash to M&S to buy me some new school trousers.
Lots more snow forecast.
Then it's Saturday! Where did the week go?

Did I mention I had a date on Monday night? Still smiling. In spite of the snow.

3 comments:

Working Mum said...

I thought I had a list! My list has come to a halt though as I've been struck down with the lurgy and feeling a bit sorry for myself. And I'll be going into school tomorrow to do some work while it's quite and daughter is at playdate. Some half term!

Selena Woodward said...

SNOW! and DATE! and more SNOW!!

maybe a possible school closure????

SNOW!!! ;)

Reasons said...

time flies when you're pulled in all directions!