Monday, 4 January 2010

...and a Happy New Year!

I must apologise for my last blog. It really is not want any of us want to read when cruising around friends' blogs. I was wrapped up in some major self pity, not uncommon for me at this time of year, and it sort of spilled out. Now I know we all share our frustrations and stresses - this is therapy after all - but I would rather spread some cheer (I am inspired by so many of your blogs).



2010. I remember writing stories in school about what life would in the year 2000 (complete with robots and computers!). I felt like it would never arrive - it seemed so far off and I was determined never to grow old. Now here we are in the twenty first century and I'm paying a fortune each month to pretend that I'm not going grey. Actually, it's to pretend that I'm still blonde - I'm SO in denial.

I asked Little E what she'd be doing in 2020 - she started by saying that seems a long way off, but went on to say she'd like to have a boyfriend or be married. (She's only 10!!). I plan to enrol her in a convent soon...



This year we will be discovering into which secondary school LE has been accepted. It's scary - such a major move! It was hard finding a primary school but I feel as though the decision about secondary school has been taken from us. She would really like to go to my school (and that would make transport/childcare easier) but I'm not so sure. Still, I do believe that she will do well in which ever school she goes to and I also trust that she will get into the right school for her.


This year we will spend some time planning our major holiday for next year - our round the world tour with a long stop in Oz. This means major economies in the Moo household, but it'll be worth it. Hopefully we'll be house sitting again this summer which means a very cheap holiday.


This year I will put my pride behind me and tell LE's dad that it's time he paid the correct level of maintenance (especially as he's now paying less than he was 5 years ago). He's now not planning to see her on Fridays when she goes for the weekend (?) and is planning holidays without her again. I benefit from this, but she doesn't, so, deep breath, I will have words (polite ones of course).


This year I will be kind to myself, give myself some 'me time' more frequently, appreciate all the wonderful friends I have, make more effort to see these friends and stop beating myself up when I don't think I've done a good job. Not new year resolutions but life changes.

Happy New Year everyone. Be kind to yourselves, have more 'you-time' and please keep blogging!

2 comments:

Working Mum said...

Hey, we all need a rant once in while. I ranted about "Icelandgate"!

I remember the millennium seeming so long off when I was a child and now I can't believe we are a decade in!

Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to planning your trip. V exciting!

Reasons said...

Keep blogging yourself Mrs! ;-)

Sorry to see didn't have a great xmas. How are the new year plans going?